Just a few weeks after the Milton Keynes-based team announced that it had signed Mercedes’ head of mechanical engineering Ben Hodgkinson as its new technical director, more personnel have been confirmed as moving from the German car manufacturer to Red Bull.
Red Bull has signed the following persons
- Mercedes head of manufacturing Steve Blewett will become Red Bull’s Power Unit Production Director.
- Mercedes Electronics Team Leader Omid Mostaghimi will become Red Bull’s Head of Powertrains, Electronics and ERS.
- Mercedes Power Unit Concept Team Leader Pip Code will become Red Bull’s Head of Mechanical Design ERS.
- Mercedes Engineering Team Leader Anton Mayo will become Red Bull’s Head of Power Unit Design ICE
- Mercedes Trackside and Inspection manager Steve Brodie will become Red Bull’s Group Leader ICE Operations.
The Red Bull team also said it will soon appoint a new Head of Mechanical Development, whose name will be announced in the coming weeks.
Red Bull team principal and powertrains CEO Christian Horner said: “Red Bull’s mission to bring all aspects of its Formula 1 operations in-house through Red Bull Powertrains is an enormously exciting undertaking but also an extremely demanding one, and we know that success will only be achieved by bringing in the best and brightest talent, by providing them with the right tools and by creating the right environment in which they can thrive.
“Today’s key leadership team appointments demonstrate our strong commitment to those goals and we certainly benefit from our campus being located in the UK where we have access to a huge wealth of engineering talent.
“Working with our new technical director, Ben Hodgkinson, and alongside key personnel retained from Honda Racing Development, each of the senior personnel announced today bring a wealth of experience, expertise and innovation to the Red Bull Powertrains programme and provide us with the strongest possible technical platform for the future.”