The countdown continues for the most legendary race in the world: the 24 Hours of Le Mans, which gets underway in two months’ time on Saturday, 15th June.
This year’s race will be the grand finale of the FIA World Endurance Championship 2018/2019 Super Season and will see a host of top competitors including Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button line up on the starting grid. The coveted Le Mans trophies will be raised, World Championship titles will be claimed, and an incredible season will draw to a spectacular close. Tickets for the 2019 edition of 24 Hours of Le Mans are still available HERE and you can see the best highlights from last year’s edition by going to the FIA WEC website HERE
What makes Spa so special?
With the hugely popular TOTAL 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps taking place in just under a month, below are just five reasons why you should attend this year’s Belgian round of the WEC:
1. Eau Rouge: A corner that separates the men from the boys. Arguably the most famous corner on any racetrack in the world and with 35 WEC and GTE cars racing alongside each other, it’s set to be extra special when WEC comes to town.
2. The history: Spa is one of the oldest race tracks in the world, dating back to 1922. It has also featured as a round on the WEC calendar every year since the championship was inaugurated back in 2012.
3. The food: Belgian waffles, fries, beer and chocolate. In fact, more than 2,000 chocolate shops exist throughout the entire country. What’s not to love?!
4. Old traditions: The town of Spa is obviously synonymous with the circuit but it goes as no surprise that it is also the origin of the word ‘spa’ with the famed springs said to have been used back in Roman times.
5. Dry run: The TOTAL 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps is the dress rehearsal for one of the biggest and most legendary races in the world: The 24 Hours of Le Mans. With only six weeks separating Spa and the season-finale in Le Mans, the Belgian WEC round is the last chance for teams and drivers to hone their car set-ups. Also, the WEC paddock is open too – which means the fans can see their favorite drivers up close.
Don’t miss out! Tickets for the Spa-Francorchamps race are still available from www.ice-lux.com